Daily Update – March 18, 2020 – 11:30 a.m.
- We have 2 patients in Forrest General Hospital and 2 patients in Highland Community Hospital who have tested positive for Coronavirus per the MS State Department of Health Lab.
- Please remember that the Cough and Fever Clinic, a partnership of Forrest General Hospital and Hattiesburg Clinic, is now open at Hattiesburg Clinic’s Immediate Care Cloverleaf location. (Please reference 3/16/20 update below for detailed information.)
- Please note that Forrest Health still has adequate personal protection equipment (PPE) for staff. We are not without PPE as some rumors have indicated. This includes, N95 masks, surgical masks, gowns and gloves.
- Controlled access at hospital entrances continues to be in place. (Please reference the 3/16/20 update for Forrest General visitor and employee information and the 3/17/20 update regarding outlying facilities: Highland Community Hospital, Marion General Hospital, Jefferson Davis Community Hospital, Walthall General Hospital, and Pearl River County Hospital & Nursing Home update below for visitor information.)
- Employees should enter and exit from the two designated employee entrances only. (See 3/16/20 update below for details.)
- An Emergency Blood Drive will take place on Tuesday, March 24, 2020 and Wednesday, March 25, 2020. A mobile unit will be set up in the Forrest General Adeline Parking lot on Adeline Avenue which is the street that runs adjacent to the Forrest General parking garages. This is an effort between Forrest General and Vitalant Blood Services. More info will follow on the process for those who want to give. If you would like to give prior to the scheduled blood drive, please call Vitalant at 601-447-6446.