Daily Update – March 17, 2020 – 5:30 p.m.
- We have 2 patients in Forrest General Hospital who have tested positive for Coronavirus per the MS State Department of Health Lab.
- Forrest General Hospital has:
48 ICU Beds
17 Negative Pressure Rooms
- Please remember that the Cough and Fever Clinic, a partnership of Forrest General Hospital and Hattiesburg Clinic, will be open tomorrow at the Hattiesburg Clinic’s Immediate Care Cloverleaf location.(Please reference 3/16/20 update below for detailed information)
- A clinic has been established for Forrest General employees in the hospital basement.
- Controlled access at hospital entrances continues to be in place. (Please reference the 3/16/20 update for Forrest General visitor and employee information and the 3/17/20 update regarding outlying facilities: Highland Community Hospital, Marion General Hospital, Jefferson Davis Community Hospital, Walthall General Hospital, and Pearl River County Hospital & Nursing Home update below for visitor information)
- Employees should enter and exit from the two designated employee entrances only. (See 3/16/20 update below for details)
- Blood Drive – An Emergency Blood Drive is currently being coordinated between Forrest General and Vitalant Blood Services for next week. A mobile unit will be setup. More info to follow.
- Medical Records Requests – Due to restrictions placed on entrance to Forrest General Hospital, Health Information Management’s release of information services has changed temporarily. Record retrieval for all walk-ins is only available at the HIM office at the Patient Accounts and Home Health office located at 1414 South 28th Avenue. Hours of operation are from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.