Daily Update – March 18, 2020 – 5:15 p.m.
· We have 2 patients in Forrest General Hospital and 2 patients in Highland Community Hospital who have tested positive for Coronavirus per the MS State Department of Health Lab.
Emergency Blood Drive!
We are in critical need of blood. Although we understand the need for social distancing, this has created a shortage in blood supplies due to fewer donations. We have a big need for Type O specific blood, but all types are needed. Please see dates, times and locations below:
- Forrest General Hospital – Friday, March 20 and Saturday, March 21, 2020 Adeline Parking Lot (across from Forrest General Parking garages on Adeline Street)
7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m
- Orthopedic Institute – Monday, March 23, 2020
OI Parking Lot
7:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Pine Grove – Monday, March 23, 2020
Pine Grove Campus Parking Lot
1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
If you gave blood at the last FGH blood drive on December 10 and 11, 2019, you can still give one unit. You will not be able to give double units due to the lack of time that has passed since the last drive.
At the drive, there will be personnel to let you know if there is a wait. If there is a wait, they will take your cell number and text you when it is your turn. This will allow you to wait in your vehicle.
- Tables and chairs have been removed from the Forrest General cafeteria to assist with social distancing. Hospital staff should not eat in large groups. No more than four people should sit at booths or tables. The cafeteria continues to be closed to the public.
- Please remember that the Cough and Fever Clinic, a partnership of Forrest General Hospital and Hattiesburg Clinic, is now open at Hattiesburg Clinic’s Immediate Care Cloverleaf location. (Please reference 3/16/20 update below for detailed information.)
- Please note that Forrest Health still has adequate personal protection equipment (PPE) for staff. We are not without PPE as some rumors have indicated. This includes, N95 masks, surgical masks, gowns and gloves. Staff should continue to protect PPE so that it is available for staff and patients.
- Controlled access at hospital entrances continues to be in place. (Please reference the 3/16/20 update for Forrest General visitor and employee information and the 3/17/20 update regarding outlying facilities: Highland Community Hospital, Marion General Hospital, Jefferson Davis Community Hospital, Walthall General Hospital, and Pearl River County Hospital & Nursing Home.)
- Employees should enter and exit from the two designated employee entrances only. (See 3/16/20 update below for details.)