Please listen to the facts. There are many rumors that only add to people being fearful and anxious. We are doing our best to provide the most up-to-date, factual information.
To ensure timely communication with our patients and the community, regular updates, as listed below, will be provided on ForrestHealth.org/COVID19. We are in constant communication with local and state officials, monitoring CDC and state guidelines as available.
- Presently in our system we have 2 patients in Forrest General Hospital who have tested positive for Coronavirus per the MS State Department of Health Lab with several other test results pending.
- As of this posting, 28 tests have been sent to the state from the Forrest Health System.
- All Forrest Health facilities have adequate supplies on hand to meet our current demands, including N95 masks. This is a fluid situation that can change on a moment’s notice.
- Forrest Health is not providing masks to the public. Masks are reserved for patients and staff.
- You may see some of our staff wearing face masks. Those staff persons are being monitored for the 14 day incubation of COVID-19 because they have had low-risk exposure to the illness. This is an attempt to protect others in case they develop symptoms.
- We have discontinued serving meals to the public through our cafeterias system-wide.
- Our visitor policy has changed to be one visitor per patient.
- All Forrest Health public meetings have been canceled in system-wide facilities.
- All Forrest Health student programs have been canceled.
- All Forrest Health-hosted classes, screenings, support groups have been canceled.