Updated: March 17, 2020; 8:30 AM
Restricted Access and Visitation
Effective Tuesday, March 17, 2020 at 6 a.m., the following hospitals will implement a restricted access and visitation policy: Highland Community Hospital, Marion General Hospital, Jefferson Davis Community Hospital, Walthall General Hospital, and Pearl River County Hospital & Nursing Home. Forrest General Hospital’s entrance policy, announced in the March 16, 2020; 4:30 PM update, remains in effect.
- No visitors allowed in Med/Surg, ICU, or Swing Bed areas.
- All facilities have processes in order for designated patient representative/POA to obtain updated information concerning the care of their family member. Forrest Health has a form available in the FH Online Forms Repository, Form #880094, to be used for creating a code that families can utilize to receive information.
- Emergency Services and Outpatient Services, including the clinics located within our hospital setting, will adhere to a no-visitor policy. The below exceptions allow one visitor per patient:
- Minors under the age of 18.
- Elderly or dementia patients with caregiver.
- End-of-life situations
- Labor & Delivery, and Surgery, will allow one visitor per patient.
NOTE: Per EMTALA, any patient with an emergency should be directed to the Emergency Department.